New developments at Pacific Poker include: a new updated software system (the old one was pretty bad) featuring 3D avatars, new lobby, now customizable player functions and more important than anything else, it’s also pretty reliable. The sites numbers are still much smaller than some of he other big boys out there but then again the competition is also pretty soft compared to other online poker site, and we like that.
Pacific Poker Variations
Texas Hold’em obviously dominates most of the play on the website, but Omaha, Omaha Hi-Lo, Seven-Card Stud and Seven-Card Stud Hi-Lo are also all represented..The Texas Hold ’em games include Pot-limit, No-limit and Fixed-limit games.
Pacific Poker Player Numbers
Pacific Poker is still a growing site, it’s membership and maximum player online at any given time are much less than those bigger sites out there, however due to the easier competition and many favorable reviews in the online gambling press, Pacific Poker has really started to move over the past few months. Now at peak playing times you re likely to find between 2000-3000 players online and playing in cash games.
Pacific Poker Level of Play
Pacific Poker is known as a site with rather soft competition, generally the lower the buy-ins and the jackpots, the softer the players and this is certainly the situation at Pacific Poker, however, as just mentioned, the site is known for this, so expect a few down on their luck sharks in there at any given time, trying to grow a bankroll.
Pacific Poker Tournaments
Small stakes tournaments are where it’s at as far as Pacific Poker is concerned. The tournament action on this site is generally frequent, cheap to get into and soft as anything. This is the unofficial rule of online poker, the cheaper the buy-in, the less the prize money, the less the prize money, the fewer the sharks. So if you don’t mind working harder is more smaller value tournaments the Pacific Poker is probably your best bet for relatively easy games. Every Sunday Pacific Poker holds a $80,000 guaranteed event with an $88 + $8 buy-in.
Pacific Poker Software Suite
Pacific Poker utilizes the 888 software suite which is both available for download and as an online Java game for those who don’t want to download software or for Mac users. The software now pretty good, having replaced the old Pacific Poker software that many players agree was pretty poor to start with. The new software includes 3D characters, a vastly improved lobby and a greater degree of customizable options.
Pacific Poker Bonus & Promotions
Pacific Poker currently offer a 100% sign up bonus up to $400. Immediately after signing up you will receive 25% of this bonus, the remaining 75% of the bonus will be made available to the player once they have earned 10 bonus points for each $1 of the bonus. No bonus code is required. Reload Bonuses are few and far between but keep your eyes open because the site has recently started experimenting with them Also for every $10 wagered, you earn one point. Every 100 points you earn at Pacific Poker gets you a free dollar.
Pacific Poker Deposits and Withdrawals
Deposit options: VISA, MasterCard, EuroCard, Diners Club, Solo, laser Debit Cards, Maestro, Bank transfer, Boleto, Deposito Refrenciado, European checks, E-checks, PayPoint Invoice, Wire transfers, Commerzbank OnlineBanking Web, Deutsche bank 24 Direct Debit, Dresdner bank InternetBanking, ELBA, Direct Debit, eNETS, hansabank, Neteller, InstaDebit, ClickandBuy, ACTeCASH, Moneybookers, ukash, bank transfer, PaysafeCard, EntroPay, PayPoint, Dankort debit card (Denmark), Nordea online bank account (Sweden/Finland), Paypal (Austria, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and UK).
Withdrawal options: Visa, Mastercard, Debit Cards, Neteller, Moneybookers, wire transfer (direct bank account transfer) and bank draft (cashier’s check). Withdrawals are held for three days before processing.
Pacific Poker Customer Care
The customer care is not too hot to be honest, it can be pretty damn woeful from time to time to time. Basic queries are handles promptly and helpfully but anything more complicated will involve delays. Use the phone number as email response is slow, keep pestering them and you’ll eventually get what you’re after.
Pacific Poker Conclusion:
Frequent tournaments and soft level of play are the main reasons you might want to look into playing at Pacific Poker. The customer service isn’t the greatest but then again the deposit and withdrawal options are pretty comprehensive and the bonuses aren’t too bad either. We’d suggest you get in there before the site grows in popularity and the easier level of play begins to change.