Created in appreciation for our nation’s active military personnel, veterans and their spouses, MGM Resorts International’s new Military & Veterans Program (MVP) recently launched. Conceptualized and developed by MGM Resorts’ Veterans Employee Network Group, MVP provides special recognition, offers, discounts and benefits at MGM Resorts destinations throughout the U.S. to the country’s 24 million military members, veterans and spouses. With a military ID, they can sign up for the program on-site at MGM Resorts destinations.
“As a company, we have always supported our country’s greatest heroes,” said Jim Murren, chairman & CEO of MGM Resorts International. “Our new Military & Veterans Program provides us with another channel to recognize and thank them for their service. Including spouses in our program allows us to honor these important partners as well for their incredible bravery and commitment to family and country. I am proud of our Veterans Employee Network Group for their work on this program, which will result in more meaningful on-property interactions between our team and the military community.”
An extension of M life Rewards, the company’s premier loyalty program, MVP distinguishes service members with a dedicated M life Rewards card identified with the MVP logo and provides access to all of the available military benefits throughout MGM Resorts destinations via a new convenient, comprehensive and easy-to-find central location – mgmresorts.com/military.
In addition to M life Rewards’ existing benefits, new Military & Veterans Program cardholders are automatically upgraded to the second Tier Level, Pearl, with benefits including complimentary self-parking at MGM Resorts properties as well as exclusive discounts on select entertainment, dining options, attractions, spa treatments and room rate discounts at all MGM Resorts destinations across the U.S. including Bellagio, ARIA and MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Beau Rivage in Biloxi, Miss., MGM Grand Detroit and MGM National Harbor in Maryland.
MGM Resorts supports the military through various programs and events each year, including:
- Salute to The Troops. An annual appreciation weekend hosted at The Mirage created to show gratitude for wounded warriors and their spouses with an itinerary full of entertainment, dining and relaxation.
- Boots to Business. An industry-leading hiring program that recruits qualified military veterans and military spouses. MGM Resorts hired 648 veterans in 2016 and 202 veterans in 2017.
- Veterans Career Fair. An annual career fair for veterans and military spouses since 2012. On June 30, 2017, MGM Resorts Veterans Career Fair had more than 250 attendees with over 50 on-the-spot job offers.
- Veterans Employee Network Group. A Company group dedicated to bringing employees together to learn, network, develop professional skills and develop ideas to enhance business practices and guest experiences.
- Active Duty Full Pay and Benefits. MGM Resorts goes above and beyond what the law requires, offering full pay and benefits to eligible employees who are called to active duty – with eligible reemployment after service. Employees who take a Military Leave of Absence also receive full medical and dental benefit coverage during their deployment. Military service requires tremendous personal sacrifice and employees should not have to make career sacrifices to serve their country. Additionally, in support of employees who are called into active duty, MGM Resorts International may provide eligible employees with supplemental pay and benefits during a combat tour for a declared military action.
- Special Events
- Mobilization Ceremony. In January 2016, Mandalay Bay hosted a mobilization ceremony for the largest deployment of Nevada Army National Guard soldiers since 2009.
- Nevada’s Fisher House Opening. In 2015, MGM Resorts International donated $250,000 to aid the opening of Nevada’s first Fisher House for military veterans. The North Las Vegas facility provides free lodging for the families of wounded, injured and ill military members and veterans receiving treatment through the VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System or Mike O’Callaghan Federal Medical Center at Nellis Air Force Base.
The MGM Resorts Military & Veterans Program is available to all U.S. active duty, guard, reserve, retired military, veterans and spouses of eligible military personnel. Current M life Rewards members can sign up for the MVP card at any M life Rewards Desk at M life Rewards destinations: Bellagio, ARIA, Vdara, MGM Grand, The Signature at MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Delano Las Vegas, The Mirage, Monte Carlo, New York-New York, Luxor, and Excalibur in Las Vegas; Beau Rivage and Gold Strike in Mississippi; MGM Grand Detroit, MGM National Harbor in Maryland and Borgata in Atlantic City.